You accept a teaching contract - What happens next?
This is a very basic outline of the E2 proces stages meant to help understan what happens after you accept a teaching contract. (Dates are approximate as each Immigration Office and Korean Consulate has thier own processing time.) Our representative will guide you through these steps, up until your arrival in Korea.
- Send Contract: After you accept a job offer, you will be asked to send a scanned copy of the signed contract to your Teacher Representative and School Representative.
- Courier Documents: You will be asked to send al required documents to your school in Korea by courier.
- Immigration Screening: Your school will submit your documents to the local Immigration Office in Korea for screening.
- Recieve E2 Confirmation Number: After approximately 5-10 business days, you will recieve an email with your E2 confirmation number.
- Apply at Korean Consulate: Once you have the E2 number, you will be able to apply for your E2 visa at the nearest Korean consulate.
- Visa Processing: The Korean Consulate will process your visa application and will attachit in your passport. This takes on average 5-7 business days.
- Once your visa is completed, flight arrangements and pick up information will be arranged.